Sunday, October 23, 2011

Start Sugarcane business - Business Idea

Initially it might sound very small, but clear and well planned Sugarcane business is a major profit earning business in India. Let us first look into the requirements for this business

SPACE

  • Small Level - 3 x 3 sqft space, it can be either a table also
  • Medium Level - 5 x 5 sqft space
  • Max Level - 10 x 10 sqft space
EQUIPMENT
Manual: Fully manual requires man drilled gear based grinding machine. This requires hard effort to rotate the wheel on its side to extract the juice. Operating cost is very less, no electricity, no fuel, requires very less maintenance of lubrication at times. Machine looks as in the left side.

Automatic: This is advance version of manual, this is operated by either electric motor or diesel engine to rotate the gear wheel, which reduces the hard effort of rotating, Using Diesel engine is the most popularly used in all the places, because of its low initial investment on engine.
Recent years this engine has advanced its level in hygiene and healthier aspects, people are concentrating more on flavors, cleanliness, but as this goes high, the initial investment also goes up. An automatic gear operated machine costs Rs.60,000, another version of the machine, is with instant chiller, has a pipe with 10C, so when juice pass through that pipe, gets chilled immediately, which cost Rs.1,20,000.

This seems to be a huge investment, but when properly planned and worked out can be recovered in 3 months time.

Sample Estimation of Sugarcane Juice:

1.Cost of sugarcane Rs.4/- per Kg.  One Kg will give 600ml of Juice.
2.Labour cost will be Rs.150/- per day for cleaning the sugar cane and running the crusher.
3.Disposable cup Varies from 60 Paise to 90 Paise. – Good quality at bulk rate will be 0.65 pasie
4.Lime and Ginger 25 Paisa.
5.Power charges will be two unit per 200 glass of juice (200 X 250ml glass = 50 Litters of juice)
6.Interest on cost of crusher – 18% interest on Investment – Hence per day Rs.23/- only.
7.Rent for the place. Rs 2000/- per month approximate – Hence per day Rs.80/- approximate.
8.Maintenance cost is Rs.200/- per month approximate. (320 Gear oil 0.5 Litter and 100 grams of grease)
9.Depreciation: At 20% per annum – Hence per day Rs.27/- only

Fixed Expenses: PER DAY
Interest –          Rs.23/-
Rent             -   Rs.80/-
Depreciation:     Rs.27/-
Power Charges – Rs20/-
Wages              Rs.150/-
Others.              Rs. 15/-
                      ----------
Total              Rs.315/- per day for sale of 100 Glass Juice = Per glass Rs. 3.00 approximate.
                    -----------
Cost of Sugarcane                                         Rs. 1.80
Disposable cup                                              Rs. 0.65
Lemon/Zinger/(Pepper/Masala powder etc     Rs. 0.25
Rent/Labor etc                                              Rs. 3.15
                                                                ______________
              Total Cost of Juice per Glass           Rs.5.85
                                                               ______________
Average Selling Price of Sugarcane juice of 250ml glass each will be Rs.10.00 approximate per glass to any level depending on the area and nature of service and ambience provided.

Real Life Entrepreneur

Now coming to the main section of the article, a real life entrepreneur, Cane-o-la, a banglore based sugarcane juice organisation, which focuses on selling varied flavors of sugarcane juice in a hygiene way, they have grown to en extent, which you will know when you understand their company turnover is 4 Crores, sounds surprising isn't it, but truth. Go through their website http://cane-o-la.com/, to learn more about them.

Contact me at bsathish78@gmail.com for further help and guidance, I have few research papers on starting this business, including business partners, loan arrangement etc.

You may also be interested in Fountain Soda Business

46 comments:

  1. Interesting Analysis of Cost v/s sale price per glass. How about a Chain of Shops and going out big than thinking of 1 machine ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that is what Cane'O la is doing, they sold around 700 juice on first day, now they are around close to 20 outlets... so it works out like crores of turn over :)

    20 Outlets X 700 Juice X 365 Days X Rs.10 = 5 Crores approximately

    Let me know if you have an idea to start one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sathish, I have a plan to start this business in Chennai. Its amazing to see all the useful information in one page. Can you please advise to start this business? And.. Are you running this business anywhere? My Email ID is pkarthi28@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. hello satish,
    its really intresting to see this idea on paper, am intrested in doing this business.could u help me with more details e mail:cheedihr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello satish
    i m intertested in doing this business could u help me with more detials like from to buy the machine n all those........my email id is deepajalan31@yahoo.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sathish,

    Hope u r doing good. well am interested in this project to bring to chennai. Is there any one started in chennai ?. mail me the details in ramki_acha@yahoo.com.
    Thank u.

    R.Ramakrishnan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaah Its very good idea in society to develop health spirit on drinking pure sugar can juice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sathish,

    I would like to start the business(franchisee of cane o la). Could you please let me know the advantages and dis-advantages... Please send out an email to prakash.sit67@gmail.com. we will discuss..

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello every one. many ppl seem to be interested why not open a chain .so it can be like a each in various major cities in nepal.

      want to discuss about this add me in Facebook:pradipkhadka04@hotmail.com and there i have a group called "future entrepreneur of nepal" lets create an discussion event and put our minds together to do something abt this prospective idea MR. SATISH HAS PROVIDED US/

      Delete
  8. I was very happy to uncover this page. I need to
    to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!
    ! I definitely loved every part of it and i also have you book marked to see new stuff in your site.



    Also visit my blog ... know more

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like what you guys are usually up too. This sort of
    clever work and coverage! Keep up the good works guys I've added you guys to my personal blogroll.

    Also visit my weblog ... know more

    ReplyDelete
  10. My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought
    I might check things out. I like what I see
    so i am just following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page repeatedly.


    my webpage - know more

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A number of my blog audience have complained about my website not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any solutions to help fix this issue?

    Take a look at my webpage - More Information

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in truth used to be a
    enjoyment account it. Glance complex to far added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?

    Review my blog post; more information

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good article! We will be linking to this great post on our site.

    Keep up the great writing.

    Feel free to visit my web page; know more

    ReplyDelete
  14. This info is worth everyone's attention. When can I find out more?

    my page: more info

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, I've just been searching for information approximately this topic for ages and yours is the best I have found out till now. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the source?

    my webpage; more information

    ReplyDelete
  16. When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the plan of a user
    in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of it.
    So that's why this paragraph is amazing. Thanks!

    Also visit my homepage website

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's actually a great and useful piece of information. I am glad that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    Here is my page :: more information

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful article.
    Thank you for providing this info.

    Here is my webpage ... click here

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing! Its in fact awesome piece of writing, I
    have got much clear idea on the topic of from this article.



    Feel free to surf to my web page ... more information

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Look into my webpage; website

    ReplyDelete
  21. I believe everything published was very logical.
    But, what about this? suppose you were to create a killer headline?
    I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your website, however suppose you added a title that grabbed people's attention?

    I mean "Start Sugarcane business - Business Idea" is a little plain.
    You could look at Yahoo's front page and watch how they create post headlines to grab viewers interested. You might add a video or a picture or two to grab people excited about everything've got to say.
    Just my opinion, it could bring your posts a little bit
    more interesting.

    Here is my web page; jumping castle hire Gauteng

    ReplyDelete
  22. Right away I am ready to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming over again to read other news.


    my web page; decor hire Johannesburg

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to exchange techniques
    with others, be sure to shoot me an email if interested.



    My web page recruitment

    ReplyDelete
  24. I visited many blogs except the audio quality
    for audio songs existing at this web site is actually fabulous.


    Feel free to surf to my web blog - accountants

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahaa, its good dialogue regarding this article here at this web site,
    I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.


    Check out my web site - flowers Cape Town

    ReplyDelete
  26. I visited many web pages but the audio feature for audio songs present at this web site is really superb.


    My page hydraulic repairs

    ReplyDelete
  27. There is certainly a lot to learn about this subject.
    I like all of the points you made.

    My weblog: CNC production

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's hard to come by experienced people about this subject, however, you seem like you know what you're
    talking about! Thanks

    Visit my blog post; interior design and architecture

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everyone loves it when individuals come together and share views.
    Great blog, keep it up!

    Also visit my web blog: aerial devices

    ReplyDelete
  30. Howdy this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.

    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    Here is my page; visit here

    ReplyDelete
  31. Howdy terrific blog! Does running a blog such as this take
    a large amount of work? I have virtually no understanding of computer programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the
    near future. Anyway, if you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners
    please share. I understand this is off subject nevertheless I just wanted to ask.
    Appreciate it!

    Feel free to visit my web blog: general building & construction

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good way of describing, and good piece of writing to obtain information about my presentation topic,
    which i am going to present in university.

    My blog ... digital printing durban

    ReplyDelete
  33. Terrific work! This is the type of info that are meant to be shared around the web.
    Shame on Google for no longer positioning this publish higher!
    Come on over and seek advice from my site . Thank you =)

    My blog post; best facial cream for wrinkles

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful, what a weblog it is! This weblog provides valuable facts to us, keep it up.


    Look at my web site http://mimanso.net/blogs/18789/18491/anti-wrinkle-face-related-articl

    ReplyDelete
  35. hi, my name is dipa n my id is dipamoni13.11@gmail.com. plz send me some more information regarding this business. it seems interesting and profitable.

    ReplyDelete
  36. interesting, I am Really Very interested in doing this business in Delhi.Could You help me with more details e mail:chahatkhan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. hi, this is ashok my id is ashokraj004@gmail.com. plz send me some more information regarding this business and implementation. it seems interesting and profitable.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi, I need disposable plastic cup n lid with ma company logo on it.Can you please suggest from where i can order this in Karnataka(bangalore or mangalore). reply to ma email id-
    sampath_bhandary1986@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. what are the companies that deal with sugarcane juice outlet in and around bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  40. sir, where can i purchase this automatic mahchine. can u email me the details on my email id medialinkindia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. i m intertested in doing this business could u help me with more detials like from to buy the machine n all those........my email id is soiodkhan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. i m intertested in doing this business with the manual machin could u help me with more detials like from to buy the machine n all those........my email id is diyamariya786@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. sir, business proposal seems good.but in off season sugarcane cost jump to 700/qt.also juice extraction amount goes down.how i can store the cut pieces to make them chilled so that ice has not to be added.freezer cost&capacity.waitins your reply. kuldeep. my email is kul.1965@rediffmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Powered by Blogger.